Technivorm Moccamaster KBTS Thermal Coffee Maker
The Moccamaster KBTS includes some of Technivorm's most innovative designs, compacted together into an 8-cup thermal carafe model. Equipped with useful features such as your ability to manually select for custom pot sizes on the grounds container, and a mid-brew stream interruption sensor which allows you to remove the carafe while coffee is still brewing. The thermal carafe keeps brewed coffee piping hot for hours, and the internal copper materials of this machine will maintain brew temperatures as water is prepped for the brewing process. Engineered and manufactured in the Netherlands, The Technivorm KBTS will bring your most flavorful cup to the table, year after year.
- Gold Standard Coffee - Water temperature rises to 198-205?F for brewing – a range certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Even Extraction - Designed to evenly spread water over your coffee grounds for skillfully balanced flavors. This efficient brewing cycle is completed in five to six minutes.
- Durable and Replaceable Parts - Built with a copper boiler, backed by a five year warranty, and sold alongside easily replaceable parts so that your machine can be maintained for years to come.
- Easy Filter Options - Uses #4 filters, made accessible through the reusable Swiss Gold cone filter or disposable paper filters
- Water Level - Made in the Netherlands, the Moccamaster KBG741 measures its cup sizes a little bit (1.75 oz.) smaller than the US standard cup of coffee.
- Thermal Carafe - This model uses a thermal carafe to maintain temperatures. For coffee that is kept warm using a glass carafe and hot-plate: Click here to check out the Technivorm Moccamaster KB741.
- Gold Standard Coffee - Coffee tastes 'sooooo' much better when brewed at the correct temperature, and with the right equipment! With this level of attention to detail, you can taste the difference.
- Hot Hot Heat - One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200?F for optimal flavors.
- Copper Boiler - Designed for optimal heat distribution inside the boiler, the use of a copper material boiler comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- No Internal Clock - Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning - but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight too! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Industrial Design - We’ve heard it before, and we’ll hear it again: "What even is that weird pillar thing under the water tank?!" Although it may appear to be unutilized space–in truth, that’s where the copper boiler is kept. Practical application aside, many people feel that this tall pillar looks a bit out of place.
How Does it Compare?
For a slightly larger pot with all the same features and functionality, Click here to check out the Technivorm Moccamaster KBT741.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Tips and Tricks
The Technivorm KBT741 can "pre-infuse" by moving the brew pause lever up for around 30 seconds before brewing.
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the kettle and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove an coffee stains or residue.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Warm Up: Brew Time
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.