Technivorm Moccamaster CDT Grand Thermal Coffee Maker - Polished Silver
Developed and polished over 50 years of work, this Netherlands design makes a "brew-tiful" cup of coffee every time! Modeled for maximum efficiency as well as quality, the Moccamaster Grand CDT comes equipped with everything from insulated carafe for maintained freshness, to automatic stream-closing functionality. Being one of the few coffee makers detailed with copper insulation to maintain the water temperature throughout the brewing process, the Grand CDT will brew 56 ounces of your favorite coffee within the Golden brew-range of 196?F - 205?F. Make a cup of delicious coffee for everyone in the office, quickly and skillfully.
- Mid-Brew Interrupt: No need to wait for the full pot to finish before grabbing your personal cup. The carafe sensor, located just under the grinds' basket, will automatically close your stream of coffee while the carafe is in use.
- Gold Standard Temperature: As with all Technivorm brewers, the Grand CDT brews at the optimal temperature range of 196?F - 205?F, a temperature certified by of the ECBC/SCAE/SCAA to create the tastiest flavors.
- Shower-Head Water Dispersion: Features a 9 hole shower-head which seamlessly overlays heated water across your coffee grounds to produce a balanced and even extraction.
- Energy Efficient: Coffee is kept warm through insulated thermal carafe rather than electrically charged heating element. Many feel that this also protects against burnt flavors developing in your coffee.
- Large Reservoir: The thermal Grand features a 60.8 oz max line in the water reservoir, which brews up approximately 56 ounces, recommended for small offices or small families with a strong love of coffee.
- Simple Operation: Equipped with on/off switch, carafe sensor, and insulated carafe, as well as copper internal components for even heat distribution.
- Gold Standard Coffee - One of the few coffee makers out there that will consistently brew at 200?F – a temperature certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) to create premium flavors.
- Copper Material - Designed for optimal heat distribution from the boiler to the grounds basket, the use of copper material will maintain stronger flavors and comes with the added bonus of increased durability and longevity for your machine.
- Replaceable Parts - Almost all of the different pieces that come with this brewer are detachable and can easily be replaced. This, coupled with its five year warranty, highlight how Technivorm's are really built to last.
- No Internal Clock - Many modern coffee machines come with internal clocks that will brew coffee for you in the morning - but often that also means having to leave your ground coffee out overnight! It may be less convenient to take these steps in the morning when you wake up, but the taste of your morning coffee will outshine the process.
- Thermal Carafe..? - What's this! Isn't that a pro? We think so. But we also know that both a heating element and a stainless steel carafe can effect the outcome of your coffee flavors, so it may take some experimentation to decide on the style of carafe you really prefer.
How Does it Compare?
Click here to check out the glass carafe version which features an equally large reservoir for brewed coffee–but maintains its piping hot coffee over a hot-plate.
What it Covers: Technivorm coffee makers
Length: 5 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Technivorm USA
Warranty Contact Information: 1-855-662-2200
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly
- Soap out the inside of the carafe and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove any coffee stains or residue.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Max Line: 60.8 ounces
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Warm Up: Brew Time
Every Technivorm is hand built in Holland using the same proven techniques that the company has been perfecting for 50 years. Technivorms are more than just their look and the coffee they brew. These machines last decades, built with high quality parts to an exacting standard. From highly accurate temperature control to a range of size and carafe type options, we’re sure there’s a perfect Technivorm for you.
Compare Similar Machines
|Bonavita Connoisseur Coffee Maker||Technivorm Moccamaster CD Grand Coffee Maker - Polished Silver||Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 Coffee Maker|
Special Price $149.95 Regular Price $179.99
As low as $309
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Depth||6.75 inches||7.00 inches||6.25 inches|
|Height||12.00 inches||16.50 inches||13.75 inches|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||40 oz max||N/A||42 ounces maximum|
|Reservoir Size||1.3 L||64 ounces||42 ounces|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||6:41||8 minutes||5 minutes|
|Width||11.25 inches||14.00 inches||13.00 inches|