Jura Z6 Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Bring the latest espresso innovations into your home with the cutting-edge features and untethered programability of the Jura Z6 automatic espresso machine. Its beautiful, Swiss-designed case melds texture-rich brushed steel with accents of chrome and a stepped, inset hopper that beautifully showcases your favorite roasts. The premium design elements extend to the pragmatic with an intuitive click wheel-style control panel, height adjustable spouts, and trichromatic accent lighting. Under the hood, you'll find quality-first features that aim to revolutionize the flavor of automatic-pulled shots and an effortless interface that lets you customize your preferences or operate the machine with a single touch.
- Auto-rinse - The Z6 starts and ends every coffee session with a quick internal rinse to ensure a blank slate for its next coffee creation.
- Sealed Hopper - A rubber gasket-sealed bean hopper helps lock-in the freshness and aroma of your favorite beans.
- Smart Filter - An RFID-equipped smart filter keeps water balanced for flavor and monitors when you need to replace the filter.
- Pulse Extraction Process - An innovative water pulsing system delivers just-right extraction for ristretto and espresso shots.
- Automatic Pre-infusion - Grounds are automatically dosed with a little water for proper bloom before brewing.
- Programmable - Dial in your perfect latte preferences and save them for access with a single touch.
- Adjustable Spouts - The Z6's spout arm slides up and down to accommodate travel mugs or shot glasses. Each spout can swing out for single or double brewing.
- Bypass Doser - A secondary hopper accepts pre-ground coffee for different coffee blends.
- Literally the Future - Seriously, its like a Star Trek replicator, but for coffee. You can have a fresh macchiato in-hand in under a minute.
- Intuitive Controls - The button/dial combo has the same satisfying retro-futuristic feel the old iPod click wheel had. Once you get used to it, navigating submenus is a cinch.
- Adjustable Spout Height - The Z6's clever sliding spout mechanism lets you brew into travel mugs (up to six inches tall) for on-the-go java enjoyment.
- Compulsive Cleaner - Proper hygiene is all well and good, but the Z6 washes itself more than a cat. You'll find yourself waiting through a rinse cycle (or three) every morning.
- No Cup Warmer - By placing the bean hopper at top center, there is no room on the Z6 for a cup warmer. You'll have to dispense a little hot water to warm your own cup first.
How Does it Compare?
You'll find many similarities with its predecessor, the Jura Z9. But while they share a nearly identical UI and design, the Z6 lack's the Z9's dedicated water spout, giving it a much cleaner look.
Tips and Tricks
Jura has introduced a brand new water filter called the CLEARYL Smart that is set to replace CLEARYL Blue and CLEARYL White filters in all of their new machines. While it introduces a fancy RFID auto tracker to your filter unit, it also means that you won't be able to use either old filter type in the Z6.
What it Covers: Jura and Capresso espresso machines, coffee makers, tea makers, grinders and milk frothers
Length: 1 Year (Refurbished Jura-branded equipment, all Capresso-branded equipment), 2 Years (New Jura-branded superautomatic espresso machines)
Who Supports the Warranty: Jura
Warranty Contact Information: 800-767-3554
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Note:Capresso-branded equipment is often replaced rather than repaired during the warranty period, whereas Jura-branded superautomatics have a repair process managed directly by the company (located on the East Coast of the US).
Care and Maintenance
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Jura Descaling Tablets.
- Run the milk cleaning program after making a milk-based drink.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray weekly.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Profiles, Shot Time, Milk Temperature
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable; 3.5 to 6 inches
Warm Up: Brew Time
Auto Shut Off
Bean Hopper Capacity
Jura superautomatic espresso machines offer simplicity and performance whether you’re brewing a shot of espresso to be enjoyed on its own or in a classic café milk drink. With simple interfaces, easy to manage Clearyl water filtration, and Jura’s P.E.P. extraction process, these machines are a compelling option in the superauto category.