Rancilio Classe 5 ST Commercial Espresso Machine
An ideal espresso machine for catering, mobile cafes and farmer's markets, the Rancilio Classe 5 ST improves on the Epoca's case design while offering quick-heat steam, temp-stable shots and a spacious two-liter reservoir. The Classe 5's small size doesn't sacrifice usability either, thanks to its ergonomic portafilter and steam knob controls. And with a single, semi-automatic brew button, operation couldn't be any easier!
- 2-Liter Reservoir - Take your espresso on the road with a large-capacity reservoir.
- Standard 110V - A standard US wall outlet and 15-amp draw lets you set up the Classe 5 ST anywhere.
- C-Lever Steam Knob - Ergonomically designed to save your barista's wrists with featherable partial steaming and a locking full-steam setting.
- Hot Water Spout - Tea and Americanos are easy thanks to the manually controlled hot water knob.
- Mobile Machine - Very few espresso machines on the market offer this combination of shot-pulling prowess, spacious reservoir and easy power requirements.
- Clever Lever - Rancilio's signature C-Lever offers intuitive control over steam in a wrist-saving configuration.
- Improved Design - The Epoca ST was known to have issues with its side panels snapping off, the Classe 5 design reinforces its mounting points for a sturdier build.
- Hot Water Woes - Without a cold water mixing valve, the Classe 5 ST spits ultra-hot water everywhere. Keep a rag handy.
- Limited Controls - Brew options are limited to a single semi-automatic switch. Great for some, but lacking in the customizability of Rancilio's automatic control cluster found on the Classe USB.
- Plastic Panels - While classier than the older Epoca, the plastic panels may put some people off.
What it Covers: Rancilio commercial espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? No
Care and Maintenance
- Soap out drip tray and reservoir weekly.
- Backflush daily.
- Wipe down case with a clean, damp rag.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.