Breville Precision Brewer BDC450BSS Coffee Maker
Plain-jane drip brewers beware, the Breville Precision Brewer promises an extended featureset more robust than any brewer on the market. The Precision Brewer starts with a dedicated Gold Cup setting that meets all standards for SCAA certification, including a brew temperature between 198 and 204?, a total brew time under 8 minutes, and an even wetting of the coffee bed. Other dedicated drip brew modes include 'fast' for a quicker brew that raises flow rate, and 'strong' which lowers it. You also get a 'My Brew' setting that gives you direct control over bloom time, flow rate and temperature. Each mode accepts brew sizes between 8 and 60 ounces, and lets you adjust for #4 cone or regular flat bottom filters (or the included goldtone reusable basket filter). This extra-flexible basket design also opens up brew options not usually possible in regular drip brewers, including automatic cold brewing, over-ice brewing, and settings for automatic pour overs with a V60 or Melitta in place of the drip basket. If you're a lover of multiple brew methods, the Precision Brewer's multi-use design is sure to impress.
- Gold Cup Certified - The Breville Precision Brewer recently passed certification as a Gold Cup Brewer by the SCAA!
- Fast Brew - Need your coffee a little faster? A dedicated fast brew option speeds up the flow rate for quicker cups.
- Cold Brew, Ice Brew - Also packed in are brew settings for a 12-hour cold brew steep, or a hot brew with half the water for ice brewing.
- Single Cup - A dedicated single cup option lets you brew up to a 20 oz. mug of coffee for those on-the-go mornings.
- Cone or Flat Basket - The Precision Brewer comes with different baskets for different brew sizes, and includes both a flat bottom metal filter basket (paper filters also fit) and a #4 cone basket.
- Programming - Customizable settings for bloom time, temperature, flow rate, and auto-start programming give you extra options to find your favorite brew.
- Stainless Carafe - This is the stainless carafe version. Click here for the glass carafe version.
- Quality Coffee - Calibrated to brew at the SCAA-rated 198-204?, the Precision Brewer makes a seriously good cup of coffee.
- Versatile - Drip coffee? Check. Single cup? Check. Cold Brew? Yep. Iced Coffee? Good to go. Multi-use brewers are awesome.
- High-capacity - Being able to brew up to 60 ounces of coffee at a time is fantastic for guests, parties, or just the caffeine-deprived.
- A Little Tall - Standing at just under 16 inches, the Precision Brewer is a little tall to fit under some cabinets.
- Options Abound - While the amount of functionality available on the Precision Brewer is truly incredible, it's definitely not a 'simple' brewer. You'll be spending some time finding your ideal settings.
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino and Precision Brewer, 1 Year (All other new equipment)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
- Wash carafe and goldtone filter after every use.
- Descale as needed, generally every 2 to 3 months.
- Wipe case clean with a soft cloth as needed.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Metal and Plastic
Brushed Stainless Steel
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Pre-infusion
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Compare Similar Machines
|Bonavita Connoisseur Coffee Maker||Technivorm Moccamaster KBG741 Coffee Maker||Ratio Six Drip Coffee Maker|
Special Price $149.95 Regular Price $179.99
As low as $309
As low as $345
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Depth||6.75 inches||6.25 inches||13.5 inches|
|Height||12.00 inches||13.75 inches||14.25 inches|
|Max/Min Ounces per Pot||40 oz max||42 ounces maximum||40 Ounces|
|Reservoir Size||1.3 L||42 ounces||44 ounces|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||6:41||5 minutes||7:14|
|Width||11.25 inches||13.00 inches||6.75 inches|