Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine
Pulling a good shot is as much an art form as it is a recipe. So prepare your at-pressure piece de resistance in style with the Ascaso Dream. A stunningly-simple control cluster and analog temperature dial puts you in the cockpit over your morning brew—without the ever-distracting set of options and buttons we've grown too accustomed to. Inside, an oversized thermoblock offers stable thermal mass and quick, on-demand heat. Better, Ascaso includes a host of optional accessories like alternative brew baskets (including an ESE basket) and steam tips that lets you set up your machine just like you always wanted. Your kitchen never looked so good.Click here to check out the Boxwood Style Portafilter!
- Sleek Design - A compact, solid aluminum case offers bold lines that call to mind vintage consumer goods.
- Quick Thermoblock - An outsized thermoblock offers quality heat retention and quick steps up or down to steam temp.
- Accessories Abound - Ascaso includes everything you need to brew including a fantastic tamper, an optional panarello steam tip and both pressurized and nonpressurized (and ESE Pod) baskets.
- Important Improvements - New to the Dream line, ESE pods now fit in their own (included) portafilter basket! No adapters, kits or special parts required.
- Resourceful Reservoir - The water reservoir pulls out sideways and can be refilled without removing from the machine.
- Gorgeous - The curvy design and clean face looks great in any kitchen.
- Analog Operation - A manual steam wand, toggle switches and an analog temperature gauge make the Dream a joy to use.
- Tremendous Tamper - The included polished tamper is solid and has fantastic fit and finish. And, since the portafilter is a tad smaller than the average, this is a good thing.
- Steam Technique - Manual temperature surfing is required on the Dream. This means that once you've finished steaming, you'll need to manually purge the thermoblock down to brew temperature.
- Simplistic - Minimalist—for better or worse—design means your grind, tamp and technique must be on-point for good nonpressurized shots.
How Does it Compare?
There's something to be said about simplicity, and the Dream's retrofuturistic 1950s design?complete with analog toggles and temperature gauge?pairs well with its no-frills operation.
Tips and Tricks
Ascaso's recent machine update adds a newly designed portafilter, which can now accept ESE pods without the need for a special adapter! Also, the thermoblock is now lined in stainless steel and the steam wand assembly sports a better sealing connection to help eliminate leaks and scale.
Warranty Information for the Ascaso Dream Espresso Machine
What it Covers: Ascaso equipment
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Who Supports the Warranty: Seattle Coffee Gear
Warranty Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Notes: Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
- Wipe down the machine with a soft microfiber cloth.
- Brush out brew head after every use.
- Soap out drip tray and reservoir weekly.
Care and Maintenance
13.75 inches with portafilter
Product Weight (lbs.)
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, E.S.E Pods
Warm Up: Brew Time
Yes - without adaptation
Founded in 1962 by Jesus Ascaso, Ascaso has garnered acclaim for their high-performing espresso hardware. Combining retro style with functional engineering, Ascaso espresso machines optimize all aspects of production to craft great-tasting espresso in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for a genuine Spanish espresso maker, Ascaso is a great choice.Check out our line of Ascaso espresso machines here at Seattle Coffee Gear Today!
Compare Similar Machines
|Crossland Coffee CC1 V 2.0 Espresso Machine||Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine||Breville Barista Express BES870 Espresso Machine|
As low as $775
|Auto Shut Off||No||No||Yes|
|Available Portafilters||Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless||Pressurized and Non-Pressurized|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler and ThermoBlock||Single Boiler||Thermocoil|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel||Brass||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Boiler Volume||17 ounces||12 ounces|
|Cup Clearance||4.0 inches||3 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||12.00 inches||11.0 inches||12 inches|
|Height||15.50 inches (with cup rail)||13.5 inches||16 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, PID, Profiles, Pre-infusion, Shot Time||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||68 ounces||67 ounces||67 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||9:11||3:30 minutes||1 minute|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.00 inches (with steam knob)||9.5 inches||13.25 inches|